Boko Haram terrorism becoming more worrisome, reports Nigerian prelate
Catholic World News - August 19, 2014
Archbishop Alfred Adewale Martins of Lagos, Nigeria, says that the terrorist activities of Boko Haram are “becoming even more worrisome,” the Fides news service reports.
Archbishop Martin spoke in the wake of a series of suicide bombings in northern Nigeria. He said “it is most disheartening to see women and children blowing themselves up in the guise of fighting a religious war.”
The plight of Nigerian civilians endangered by Boko Haram has been aggravated by the spread of the Ebola virus. Cameroon, which had been welcoming thousands of Nigerians fleeing the terrorist violence, has closed its border to prevent the spread of the disease.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our April expenses ($33,095 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!