Priest murdered in Canada
May 13, 2014
A priest from Cameroon who ministered at the cathedral in St. Paul, Alberta, was murdered on May 9.
Father Gilbert Dasna, 32, was a member of the Congregation of the Sons of Mary, Mother of Mercy, a Nigerian missionary community. CBC News reported that he was shot multiple times in the chest at the cathedral rectory.
St. Paul, a town of 5,000, was the scene of a shootout between police and a suspect around the time of the priest’s murder. Authorities are investigating whether the incidents are related.
- Priest among dead in 'horrific' St. Paul shootings (CBC News)
- Statement: St. Paul Diocese mourns Reverend Gilbert Dasna (Edmonton Journal)
- 'Beautiful soul' remembered (St. Paul Journal)
- Cameroonian priest killed in a firefight in Canada (Fides)
- Sons of Mary Mother of Mercy Congregation, Region of Canada
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!