Pope urges faithful to pray Rosary, requests prayers for peace
May 07, 2014
At the conclusion of his May 7 general audience, Pope Francis called upon Catholics to turn to the Blessed Virgin Mary and pray for peace.
“I invite everyone to invoke the intercession of Mary, so that the Lord grant mercy and peace to the Church and to the whole world,” he said. “I commend in particular to our Mother the young, the sick and newlyweds who are present here today, and I urge everyone in this month of May to pray the prayer of the Holy Rosary.”
Pope Francis also recalled that on May 8, the Church raises the prayer of supplication to Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii and said that the Vatican’s Secretary of State, Cardinal Pietro Parolin, would visit the shrine.
- Domani la Supplica di Pompei. Il Papa: invocare intercessione di Maria per la pace nella Chiesa e nel mondo (Vatican Radio)
- Pope at Audience: The gift of good counsel (Vatican Radio)
- May, Month of the Rosary (VIS)
- Our Lady of Pompeii (The Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute)
- Petition to Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii (The Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!