Cardinal Dolan appoints new chairman of National Review Board
April 12, 2013
Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), has named Francesco Cesareo, president of Assumption College, the new chairman of the National Review Board. The Cardinal Newman Society has praised Cesario for fostering the Catholic identity of the Massachusetts college.
The board, established by the US bishops at their 2002 meeting in Dallas, assists the USCCB in its efforts to prevent the sexual abuse of minors by clergy.
Cardinal Dolan also named four new members to the board:
- Michael de Arellano, associate professor and a licensed clinical psychologist at the National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center (NCVC) of the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Fernando Ortiz, director of the Counseling Center at Gonzaga University
- Laura Rogers, former deputy director of the Criminal Division of the Navy's Judge Advocate General and former director of the Office of Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering, and Tracking (SMART) at the US Department of Justice
- Scott Wasserman, a Kansas attorney and advocate for children with disabilities
- Francesco C. Cesareo Named National Review Board Chair, Lawyers, Psychologists Added To Board Membership (USCCB)
- A Tale of Two Colleges (Cardinal Newman Society)
- Benedictine College - Scott Wasserman Speech (YouTube)
- National Review Board (USCCB)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!