Italian journalist drops hints about ‘Vatileaks’ sources
Catholic World News - July 17, 2012
The Italian journalist who published dozens of confidential papal documents has said that he received some of the letters to Pope Benedict “from those who wrote them.”
Gianluigi Nuzzi, whose book Sua Santita raised the “Vatileaks” scandal to the level of a crisis for the Holy See, told a television interviewer that he received the papers from many different sources. That claim conflicted directly with Nuzzi’s book, in which he explained that a man he referred to as “Maria” had been his main source for obtaining papal correspondence.
Nuzzi’s interview took place as a special commission of 3 cardinals appointed by Pope Benedict XVI to investigate the leaks prepared to deliver its report to the Pontiff.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our September expenses ($33,441 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!