Overview of recent Vatican document on theology
May 04, 2012
L’Osservatore Romano has published an essay by Msgr. Paul McPartlan, a theology professor at the Catholic University of America, that offers an overview of the International Theological Commission’s recent document “Theology Today: Perspectives, Principles and Criteria.”
Msgr. McPartlan, a member of the International Theological Commission, led a commission subcommittee that was influential in drafting the document.
“The task of the commission,” founded in 1969, “is that of helping the Holy See and primarily the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in examining doctrinal questions of major importance,” the commission’s web site notes. “The Commission is composed of theologians from diverse schools and nations, noted for their knowledge and faithfulness to the Magisterium of the Church.”
- the Communion of the Church (L’Osservatore Romano)
- International Theological Commission publishes document on current state of theology (Vatican Radio)
- New Vatican document explores role of theology (CWN, 3/8/12)
- International Theological Commission
- Theology Today: Perspectives, Principles and Criteria
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!