3 churches attacked in Egypt; 12 dead, over 200 injured
Catholic World News - May 09, 2011
Armed with guns and Molotov cocktails, thousands of Muslims attacked Coptic churches and neighborhoods in a Cairo, provoking sectarian violence that led to at least 12 deaths and 232 injuries. Several news reports identified the attackers as members of the Islamic Salafi movement.
The attacks followed reports that a Christian woman who had converted to Islam had been kidnapped and was being tortured at St. Mina Church in the Cairo suburb of Imbaba. Later, two other churches in the suburb were attacked.
“We have no law or security, we are in a jungle,” said Coptic Orthodox Bishop Anba Theodosius of Giza. “We are in a state of chaos.”
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
Posted by: -
May. 09, 2011 12:11 PM ET USA
This is a fascinating story because of the way the MSM report it. Note that AP reports this murderous attack by Muslims on Christians as "Sectarian strife". That's all, just "Sectarian strife". CNN says that the Copts want protection. From whom? And what are Copts? The only headline with accuracy and integrity is the AINA job telling us that Muslims are murdering Christians. Again.