Website Review: Alfred J. Freddoso
A review based on: http://www3.nd.edu/~afreddos
This is the home page of Alfred J. Freddoso, John and Jean Oesterle Professor of Thomistic Studies and Director of Undergraduate Studies in Philosophy at the University of Notre Dame. This site contains some information that is of interest only to his current students, but there is also much valuable material that is of general interest. Professor Freddoso makes available his class notes and handouts for fourteen of his courses, from an Introduction to Philosophy class to an advanced course on Causality. There are also a number of his works, both published and unpublished, as well as some good links. Since this is a personal site which expresses the interests of its creator, it is not exclusively Catholic in focus. It also includes links to Dr. Freddoso's secular interests.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 04/13/1999; Last Updated: 01/27/2014
- Fidelity: Excellent
- Resources: Good
- Useability: Excellent
- Lecture notes and class handouts Resources
- Most Catholic links are excellent Fidelity
- New English Translation of St. Thomas Aquinas's Summa Theologiae in progress Resources Example(s)
- Study notes for Fides et Ratio along with a commentary Resources
- Scholarly Work Resources Example(s)
- Reflections on Catholic Themes Resources
- Fidelity: Links to resources at Notre Dame may or may not be uniformly sound, but as Dr. Freddoso is a professor at that institution, these links are essential to the site's purpose.
CategoriesCulture > Philosophy
Culture > Education
Alfred J. Freddoso
100 Malloy Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.