Website Review: The Underground Thomist
A review based on: http://www.undergroundthomist.org/
This website contains the scholarly writings of J.Budziszewski, who is presently a professor in the Departments of Government and Philosophy at the University of Texas at Austin. In his own words, "My academic focus is the ethical basis of politics. No, that doesn't mean that politicians are virtuous. It means that choices concerning right and wrong, good and evil, are inseparable from political life – so, among other things, whether the politicians and citizens are virtuous makes a difference. I think and write mostly about classical natural law; conscience; moral character; moral self-deception; family and sexuality; religion and public life; authentic vs. counterfeit versions of toleration and liberty; and the unravelling of our common culture. My latest project is a commentary on the Treatise on Law, which is part of the Summa Theologiae of the great Thomas Aquinas."
It is a delightful experience to peruse the different articles and comments available here, they are anything but dry or dull. Many will find the good professor's political incorrectness totally refreshing. (Here is an example.) We don't think you will be disappointed if you choose to give this website a visit.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 11/20/2013
- Fidelity: Excellent
- Resources: Excellent
- Useability: Excellent
- Section about the author Resources
- Courses and syllabi Resources Example(s)
- Descriptions of his books and how to obtain them Resources
- A selection of his articles Resources Example(s)
- Description, samples and how to obtain Commentary on Thomas Aquinas's Treatise on Law Resources Example(s)
- The Architecture of Law According to Thomas Aquinas (How the varieties of law are related) Resources
- Natural Law Blog (Occasional reflections on natural law, faith, and philosophy) Resources
- Listen to Talks – Scholarly, Semischolarly, Popular Resources
- Faith Biography (What happened and why it belongs here) Resources
- Theophilus Unbound – Chronicles of a virtual colleague Resources Example(s)
- Other Links Resources
Not Yet Categorized
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.