Website Review: Catholic Social Teaching with Omar F. A. Gutierrez, M.A. Site on which this review was based: http://www.discerninghearts.com/?page_id=40
Regnum Novum is an excellent audio series on the social doctrine of the Church by Omar F.A. Gutierrez, special assistant to Archbishop George Lucas, of the Archdiocese of Omaha.
His background includes teaching the full range of children, youth and adults, as well as administration for a Catholic Classical Academy in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
Omar earned a B.A. in Theology from the Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio in 1997 and then continued with graduate studies in theology and philosophy at the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas (the Angelicum) in Rome, Italy. He finished his graduate studies in 2006 with an M.A. in Theology from the University of Dallas, Texas.
The series is presented in twenty-two chapters which include the following:
- Bringing forth the New Evangelization through Catholic Social Teaching
- A Primer on the HHS Rule from a Catholic Social Teaching Perspective” w/Omar Guiterrez
- Pope Leo XIII and “Rerum Novarum” (The Condition of Labor): Why is it relevant today?
- Pope Pius XI and Pope Pius XII – The Catholic Social Doctrine proclaimed in turbulent times
- Blessed Pope John XXIII – "Mater et Magistra" (Mother and Teacher) from “the healer”
- Bl. John XXIII and "Pacem in Terras" (Peace on Earth) and an understanding of the Natural Law
- Pope Paul VI – "Gaudium et Spes", "Humane Vitae", and the "Declaration on Religious Freedom"
- Bl. John Paul II – "Laborem Exercens", "Sollicitudo Rei Socialis", and the "Centesimus Annus"
- “God’s Plan of Love for Humanity” the "Compendium of Social Doctrine" Chap 1
- “The Human Person in God’s Plan of Love” the "Compendium of Social Doctrine" Chap 1 Section 2-3
- “Evangelization and Social Doctrine” in the "Compendium of Social Doctrine" Chap 2 Section 1
- ” The Nature of the Church’s Social Doctrine” in the "Compendium of Social Doctrine" Chap 2 Section
This is a greatly needed, solidly orthodox series presenting the authentic social teachings of the Catholic Church.
Not Yet Categorized
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.