Website Review: Catholic Resources- Felix Just, S.J.
A review based on: http://catholic-resources.org/
This website contains a variety of materials, mostly related to biblical and liturgical studies, intended for scholars, teachers, students, pastors, and others.
Many pages contain Fr. Just's writings and photographs, some pages were created by his students, and some are collections of links to other websites.
There are certain areas of this site which may be helpful to Biblical students; we have listed them in the strengths. However, we advise users to be cautious with the links and course material, which may not be uniformly orthodox.
A great problem with this site is that it is essentially a hodge-podge of materials that have been developed by Fr. Just, friends and students over many years of teaching. These resources are of uneven quality. Finally, most of these are outline-type materials which raise as many questions as they answer.
From a technical point of view, the site is usable. It is reasonably organized, and its links work. But because it is such a rough assemblage of materials, the real usability of the site as a resource is seriously weakened.
For all of these reasons, caution is absolutely essential in determining which materials may be useful, and the site is almost impossible to review with any degree of specificity.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 05/01/2008; Last Updated: 08/19/2013
- Fidelity: Caution
- Resources: Good
- Useability: Difficult
- Electronic New Testament Educational Resources Resources
- Biblical and Religious Art and Music Resources
- Roman Catholic Lectionary Website Resources
- Catholic Church Documents related to Biblical Studies Resources
- Ancient Rome: Images and Pictures Resources
- Parts of the Johannine Literature section Resources Example(s)
- The Book of Revelation Resources Example(s)
- The Four Evangelists Resources
- Evangelists' Symbols Resources
- Roman Catholic Lectionary Resources
- Roman Catholic Mass Resources
- Ancient Rome: Images Resources
- Impressions of Italy Resources
- Useability: Materials are of uneven quality and usefulness. Example(s)
- Fidelity: Links to dissident organizations. Example(s)
Not Yet Categorized
Loyola Institute for Spirituality
Rev. Felix Just, S.J.
480 S. Batavia St.
Orange, CA 92868-3907
[email protected] (fax)
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.