Website Review: Catholics for a Free Choice (CFFC)
A review based on: http://www.cath4choice.org
Catholics for a Free Choice (CFFC) is a dissident group which seeks to further the "rights" of women by pushing for "reform" in the Catholic Church on issues such as contraception and abortion. This organization advocates for the right of a woman to her own body and denies that life begins at conception. It also undermines the authority of the Church hierarchy and its teachings on issues such as women's ordination and celibacy. CFFC is a dangerous organization and this website should be avoided except for research purposes.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 05/18/2005; Last Updated: 06/14/2012
- Fidelity: Danger!
- Resources: Poor
- Useability: Excellent
- None reported Other
- Resources: False information abounds Example(s)
- Resources: Undermines Catholic health care Example(s)
- Resources: Support for unacceptable initiatives Example(s)
- Resources: The list of dissenting statements goes on and on Example(s)
- Fidelity: Ad on site which states, "Good Catholics use condoms."
- Fidelity: Calls Dr. George Tiller a "courageous advocate for women" and laments the choice of an "antiabortion advocate" appointed to position at HHS
CategoriesIssues > Life Issues
Institutions > Organizations
1436 U Street NW, Suite 301
Washington, DC 20009-3997
(202) 332-7995 (fax)
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.