Website Review: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Site on which this review was based: http://www.usccb.org
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is an assembly of the hierarchy of the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands who jointly exercise certain pastoral functions on behalf of the Christian faithful of the United States. The purpose of the Conference is "to promote the greater good which the Church offers humankind, especially through forms and programs of the apostolate fittingly adapted to the circumstances of time and place."
This site is an excellent way to stay current on what is happening in the Church in America, and it also offers a number of very useful general resources on Catholicism.
See this commentary on the USCCB from the Catholic Culture Library: A Commentary on the U.S. Catholic Conference
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 07/24/2000; Last Updated: 09/16/2013
- Fidelity: Excellent
- Resources: Excellent
- Useability: Excellent
- Links to all the USCCB Departments Resources Example(s)
- USCCB Publishing Bookstore Resources
- Daily Mass readings Resources
- Online version of the Catholic Catechism Resources
- Online version of the New American Bible Resources
- Chronological Listings of USCCB Statements & Speeches Resources
- Movie and Family Video Reviews Resources
- List of and links to U.S. Catholic Dioceses by State Resources
- List of the U.S. Catholic Bishops Resources
- Current USCCB Job Listings Resources
- Movie and TV reviews Resources
- Sections on Pope Benedict XVI and Pope John Paul II Resources
- News Releases Resources
- Church Facts Resources
- Child and Youth Protection Resources
- Excellent search engine Useability
- Fidelity: With regard to the USCCB's film ratings, we should note that the high fidelity grade for this site does not mean that CatholicCulture.org agrees with or endorses the reviews or ratings of any particular films. Example(s)
- Fidelity: Questionable catechetical programs are presented on the list of texts found to be in conformity with the teachings of the Church. Example(s)
- Fidelity: Catholic Campaign for Human Development funds questionable organizations Example(s)
CategoriesInstitutions > Episcopal Conferences
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
3211 4th Street, N.E.
Washington, DC 20017-1194
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.