Website Review: Access to Catholic Social Justice Teachings Site on which this review was based: http://www.justpeace.org
Access to Catholic Social Justice Teachings is a personal web page dedicated to providing resources about Catholic social justice issues. The site focuses not only on the actual teachings of the Church, but also on orthopraxis (living right), with links and information about practicing what you preach. Though the site is quite disorganized and confusing, there is a large amount of valuable information to be found here.
However, the user should be cautioned that this site follows the tendency of the Catholic Worker Movement to profess a radical pacifism which undermines the Church's teaching concerning just war. Many of the articles found on the subject of war, especially the current American war, reject both the teachings of the Church and the prudence of Her hierarchy.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 02/23/2001; Last Updated: 02/05/2013
- Fidelity: Caution
- Resources: Good
- Useability: Difficult
- Hundreds of links to an assortment of sites Resources Example(s)
- A large number of links to the actual social teachings of the Catholic Church Resources
- Links to Catholic, non-Catholic, and secular service and relief organizations, with non-Catholic sites clearly marked as such Resources
- Articles and prayers Resources
- A number of different listserves Resources
- Blog Resources
- Fidelity: This site contains many articles which undermine the magisterial teaching on just war, and imprudently criticizes the hierarchy of the Church. Example(s)
- Fidelity: The webmaster does include some non-Catholic resources, but does his best to make it clear which links are faithful and which are for research and information only.
CategoriesIssues > Wars
Issues > Politics
Issues > Social Ills
Catholicism > Morals
Website Established: 01/03/98
Archbishop Oscar Romero Catholic Worker House
1524 North 21st Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.