Website Review: Mary Mother of God Mission Society Site on which this review was based: http://www.vladmission.org
The mission of the Mary Mother of God Mission Society is to revive and serve the Holy Catholic Church in the Russian Far East. Their mission territory in Russia is centered on the city of Vladivostok and currently they have five parishes.
Between 1923 and 1935 the Catholic Church was exterminated in Eastern Russia. The Pastor and parishioners of this parish, revived in January 1992, are working hard to reestablish the Roman Catholic Church. They are also ministering to the many needs of the Russian people in their region.
This site is interesting because it provides a glimpse of the sufferings and successes of the Church in a Communist country. It also provides us with opportunities to help, either materially or with our prayers.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 08/05/2000; Last Updated: 06/14/2012
- Fidelity: Excellent
- Resources: Good
- Useability: Excellent
- General and historical information about the Church in Russia Resources
- Current and archived issues of Vladivostok Sunrise, the parish newsletter Resources
- Related links Resources
- Missing Persons Search Resources
- Information about the Society's music program Resources
- An interesting section on candidates for sainthood from the city of Vladivostok Resources Example(s)
- Information about tours and mission teams Resources
- Online newsletter Resources
- Information about the Grandma Mentoring Program Resources
- Information about the Street Kids Rescue And Prevention Program Resources
- Information about the Women’s Support Centers Resources
- Brochures available in pdf files for printing Resources
CategoriesInstitutions > Nations
Institutions > Church
Website Established: 05/15/98
Mary Mother of God Mission Society
1736 Milestone Cir
Modesto, CA 95357
(209) 408-0728 (fax)
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.