Website Review: Aquinas Institute of Theology
A review based on: http://www.ai.edu/
The Aquinas Institute of Theology is a graduate school of theology and ministry sponsored collaboratively by the Dominicans. The mission of the school is to prepare students for leadership in the Church through theological scholarship and academic and pastoral training. Unfortunately, it seems that many of the courses offered by the Institute are littered with Protestant viewpoints and feminism, and often focus on a "contemporary" understanding of the Church. Those searching for an authentic preparation for ministry should look elsewhere.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 04/08/2001; Last Updated: 08/19/2010
- Fidelity: Danger!
- Resources: Fair
- Useability: Excellent
- General information about the Institute Resources
- Section for prospective students, including a list of programs of study Resources
- Aquinas News and Events Resources
- Fidelity: Course on Wisdom Example(s)
- Fidelity: Unorthodox links Example(s)
- Fidelity: Course on Doctrine of God Example(s)
- Fidelity: Course on Ethics of Human Sexuality Example(s)
- Fidelity: Theology Course uses as required text a book published by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Example(s)
- Fidelity: Course on Ecclesiology promotes "spirit" of Vatican II theology Example(s)
- Fidelity: Course on Buddhism Example(s)
- Fidelity: Ecclesiology Course required text book by Peter Phan Example(s)
CategoriesCulture > Education
Aquinas Institute of Theology
3642 Lindell Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63108
(314) 977-7225 (fax)
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.