Website Review: Pax Christi USA Site on which this review was based: http://www.paxchristiusa.org
According to its mission statement, Pax Christi USA "rejects war, preparations for war, and every form of violence and domination. It advocates primacy of conscience, economic and social justice, and respect for creation. . . . Pax Christi USA works toward a more peaceful, just, and sustainable world." Unfortunately, its version of violence and domination is often at odds with the Church and her teachings. The organization seems to care more about finding common ground with abortionists and the gay rights lobby than about working for true peace.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 09/28/2000; Last Updated: 08/01/2013
- Fidelity: Danger!
- Resources: Poor
- Useability: Excellent
- Fidelity: Mission statement includes language to give serious Catholics pause. Example(s)
- Fidelity: Several articles encourage Pax Christi members to lobby to overturn the ban on the homosexual ministry of dissident New Ways Ministry founders, Sr. Jeannine Gramick and Fr. Robert Nugent. Example(s)
- Fidelity: Among the dozens of articles opposing war and capital punishment there is only one on Pax Christi's abortion stand, supporting the "seamless garment" approach. Example(s)
- Fidelity: Many unorthodox Catholic, Protestant, and secular links
- Fidelity: Online store which features dissident material Example(s)
CategoriesIssues > Wars
Institutions > Organizations
Pax Christi USA
The Nonviolence Web
532 W. 8th St.
Erie, PA 16502-1343
(814) 452-4784 (fax)
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.