Website Review: Catholic Match
A review based on: http://www.catholicmatch.com
Formerly known as St. Raphael Catholic Singles Network, this site offers single Catholics the opportunity to meet and converse with others for the purpose of discerning vocations to the married life, religious life, or the often forgotten vocation of being single.
This Catholic singles site attempts to ensure the fidelity to the Faith of those who participate. The profile questions are specific, asking whether or not you agree with the Church's teachings (and the site provides a summary of each teaching) on pre-marital sex, contraception, abortion, papal infallibility, the Holy Eucharist, and other crucial issues.
Other parts of the profile reflect how often one goes to Mass, which rite they attend, and what Catholic devotions they perform, etc. Despite this, the site still allows those who disagree with Church teachings to be members. Unfortunately this leads to people ineligible for marriage (divorced without annulments) attending functions with singles who are seeking to be married. There is also considerable disagreement with Church teachings in the Forum discussions.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 04/28/2001; Last Updated: 09/06/2010
- Fidelity: Excellent
- Resources: Excellent
- Useability: Excellent
- A searchable member database, with a quick or advanced search and online pictures and profiles Resources
- A messaging system that is completely private and secure Resources
- Free photograph, voice greeting and video greeting uploads Resources
- CatholicMatch.com personal chat Resources
- Monitored message forums to allow members to discuss Catholic issues Resources
- A free trial membership Resources
- What sets this Catholic singles site from most of the others is the emphasis on being solidly Catholic. Fidelity
- Fidelity: Fidelity to teachings of the Church is not required for membership.
CategoriesCatholicism > Catholic Life
Website Established: 06/29/99
Acolyte, LLC c/o CatholicMatch.com
Jason M. LaFosse, Brian R. Barcaro and Mike W. Lloyd
P.O. Box 406
Evans City, PA 16033
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.