Catholic Prayer: Seven Offerings of the Precious Blood
Eternal Father, we offer you the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, poured out on the cross and offered daily on the altar:
- For the glory of your name, for the coming of your kingdom and for the salvation of all.
- For the propagation of faith, for Pope N., for bishops, priests, and religious and for the sanctification of all the people of God.
- For the conversion of sinners, for the loving acceptance of your Word, and for the union of all Christians.
- For civil authorities, for the strengthening of public morals, and for peace and justice among all nations.
- For the santification of our work and suffering, for the poor, sick and afflicted, and for all who rely on our prayers.
- For our own spiritual and temporal needs, for those of our relatives, benefactors, and also for those of our enemies.
- For those who are to die this day, for the souls in purgatory, and for our final union with Christ in Glory.
Recent Catholic Commentary
Denial of Service Attack: Success! December 19
Federal debt as a social-justice concern December 19
Top Catholic News
Most Important Stories of the Last 30 Days
Pope Francis: Europe seems 'elderly and haggard' CWN - November 25
Pope Francis, Ecumenical Patriarch sign joint declaration, lament persecution of Christians CWN - December 1
Consistory for new cardinals scheduled for February CWN - December 11
Vatican report on US women religious calls for further self-assessment CWN - December 16
Pope brokered deal to open US-Cuba ties CWN - December 17