Catholic Activity: Practical Suggestions for Christian Living (Matrimony)
Ways to keep your marriage renewed, happy, and holy.
1. Make your marriage partner feel you're glad to see him (or her) at the end of the day's work.
2. Always speak gently and quietly about the house.
3. Praise your partner whenever an opportunity presents itself; we all operate better on encouragement.
4. Remember anniversaries and birthdays; the little thoughtfulnesses of life make pleasant living.
5. Invite your partner's in-laws as often as you do your own family.
6. Start and end each meal with prayer; God's blessings smooth the way of daily living.
7. Endeavor to make your home another Nazareth; remember, that is a family project.
8. When opinions differ, try to see the other person's view; after all, there are two sides usually.
9. Be patient and prayerful; it accomplishes more than whining and nagging.
10. Receive the Sacraments as a family unit; it brings blessings and graces.
11. Respect the privacy of each other's mail; read that of others only upon invitation.
12. End every day with a prayer together; after all, you all received much that day purely because of God's goodness to His creatures.
Activity Source: Our Christian Home by Rev. Joseph A. Fischer, Seraphic Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1954