Catholic Activity: Practical Suggestions for Christian Living (Holy Eucharist)
Ways to cultivate a loving reverence for Christ in the Holy Eucharist.
- Pay a visit to the Blessed Sacrament as often as possible; even a "pop" call is better than none.
- Receive Holy Communion frequently, daily if possible.
- Approach the Communion railing [line] devoutly; make sure your attire is in keeping with the sacredness of the occasion.
- Avoid all unnecessary noise during the sacred moments of the Consecration of the Mass.
- Attend weekday Mass whenever possible.
- Prepare to receive our Eucharistic Lord. Following the Mass prayers by using a Missal is recommended.
- Spend at least fifteen minutes in prayer as an act of thanksgiving after receiving Christ's Body and Blood in Holy Communion.
- Often make a spiritual communion, particularly when attending Mass without receiving the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Have Holy Masses read for the souls of your loved ones.
- Participate in the Forty Hours Devotion of our parish churches.
- Get into the habit of reciting ejaculatory prayers in honor of the Real Presence.
- When genuflecting before the tabernacle say: "Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, I adore and love You."
Activity Source: Our Christian Home by Rev. Joseph A. Fischer, Seraphic Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1954
Recent Catholic Commentary
The Synod: It's a Wrap! 8 hours ago
A chaotic synod? Not in its results 9 hours ago
Cardinal Kasper's unsubtle threat 15 hours ago
Cardinal Kasper's nose is growing again October 18
Top Catholic News
Most Important Stories of the Last 30 Days
Key synod report calls for 'gradualism' in Church response to irregular family situations CWN - October 13
Cardinal Parolin: UN must protect innocents from Islamic State CWN - September 30
Synod of Bishops opens with Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica CWN - October 6