Catholic Activity: Practical Suggestions for Christian Living (Holy Eucharist)
Ways to cultivate a loving reverence for Christ in the Holy Eucharist.
- Pay a visit to the Blessed Sacrament as often as possible; even a "pop" call is better than none.
- Receive Holy Communion frequently, daily if possible.
- Approach the Communion railing [line] devoutly; make sure your attire is in keeping with the sacredness of the occasion.
- Avoid all unnecessary noise during the sacred moments of the Consecration of the Mass.
- Attend weekday Mass whenever possible.
- Prepare to receive our Eucharistic Lord. Following the Mass prayers by using a Missal is recommended.
- Spend at least fifteen minutes in prayer as an act of thanksgiving after receiving Christ's Body and Blood in Holy Communion.
- Often make a spiritual communion, particularly when attending Mass without receiving the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Have Holy Masses read for the souls of your loved ones.
- Participate in the Forty Hours Devotion of our parish churches.
- Get into the habit of reciting ejaculatory prayers in honor of the Real Presence.
- When genuflecting before the tabernacle say: "Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, I adore and love You."
Activity Source: Our Christian Home by Rev. Joseph A. Fischer, Seraphic Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1954
Recent Catholic Commentary
Feel-Good Stories 0 hours ago
Cloistered: The Inside Story 24 hours ago
Idle questions for Monday musings March 10
Top Catholic News
Most Important Stories of the Last 30 Days
Pope establishes new Vatican secretariat for economic affairs CWN - February 24
Pope Francis writes letter to families CWN - February 25