Catholic Activity: Practical Suggestions for Christian Living (Holy Eucharist)
Ways to cultivate a loving reverence for Christ in the Holy Eucharist.
- Pay a visit to the Blessed Sacrament as often as possible; even a "pop" call is better than none.
- Receive Holy Communion frequently, daily if possible.
- Approach the Communion railing [line] devoutly; make sure your attire is in keeping with the sacredness of the occasion.
- Avoid all unnecessary noise during the sacred moments of the Consecration of the Mass.
- Attend weekday Mass whenever possible.
- Prepare to receive our Eucharistic Lord. Following the Mass prayers by using a Missal is recommended.
- Spend at least fifteen minutes in prayer as an act of thanksgiving after receiving Christ's Body and Blood in Holy Communion.
- Often make a spiritual communion, particularly when attending Mass without receiving the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Have Holy Masses read for the souls of your loved ones.
- Participate in the Forty Hours Devotion of our parish churches.
- Get into the habit of reciting ejaculatory prayers in honor of the Real Presence.
- When genuflecting before the tabernacle say: "Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, I adore and love You."
Activity Source: Our Christian Home by Rev. Joseph A. Fischer, Seraphic Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1954
Recent Catholic Commentary
Introducing the Church Fathers 9 hours ago
Straws in the Wind July 25
Top Catholic News
Most Important Stories of the Last 30 Days