Members of the Congregation of Jesus and Mary founded at Caen, France, in 1643, by St. John Eudes (1601-80). It is an association of priests, established to conduct seminaries. Almost extinguished by the French Revolution, it was reconstituted in 1826 and is engaged mainly in secondary education. A women's congregation, the Sisters of Our Lady of the Refuge, became an independent community in 1657. It took a fourth vow to care for fallen women.