The Pakistani shuffle
By Diogenes (articles ) | Feb 06, 2004
If you believe everything that Pakistan's President Musharraf says, then you believe:
- Pakistan didn't export nuclear-weapons technology
- Oh, wait, Pakistan did export nuclear-weapons technology, but it was done by a single individual, whose actions were not approved by the government, even though he was a ranking government official
- The government of Pakistan had no idea that, until recently, its top nuclear scientist was making deals with Iran. And Libya. And North Korea.
- But once he was discovered, the man who exported nuclear secrets said he was sorry. What more could you ask?
- So now-- this is the important part-- everything's OK, and we don't have to investigate any more!! Does this remind you of anybody?
Need a clue? Let's imagine that in issuing his pardon for Dr. Khan (the nuclear scientist), Musharraf had written: "Yours has been an effective ministry, sadly marred by illness."
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our July expenses ($17,250 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
Posted by: shrink -
Feb. 07, 2004 8:48 AM ET USA
Did Dr. Khan go to auction before or after his psychotherapy sessions at the St Luke Institute?
Posted by: -
Feb. 06, 2004 6:47 PM ET USA
Sounds like any one of a number of our beloved bishops when talking about the sex-abuse scandal or... Navarro-Valls explaining how the Pope's didn't say something he is alleged to have said, that Navarro- Valls said he said but now says he didn't say. (Am right? Am I right?)