British bishops: Life, marriage, migration among 5 most important election issues
March 31, 2010
Nearly a month after English and Welsh bishops published their pre-election statement “Choosing the Common Good,” the bishops have issued a list of five issues and questions that they believe will help voters “form a better idea of how far any particular candidate will be addressing the needs of the common good.”
The five questions are:
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- General Election: A message from the Bishops of England and Wales (Catholic Communications Network)
- Some issues and questions for Parliamentary Candidates (Catholic Communications Network)
- English Bishops Issue Pre-Election Message (Vatican Radio)
- English bishops issue pre-election statement (CWN, 3/4)
- Moral revival needed to repair broken trust in society, British bishops say (CWN, 3/5)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!