Modern Popes on the Rosary
In addition to the ten encyclicals Pope Leo XIII wrote on the Rosary, six twentieth-century popes have issued documents specifically on the Rosary, plus two major texts on devotion to Mary in general. All are in our library, and listed below.
- Benedict XV, Fausto Appetente Die (On St. Dominic) (encyclical, 1921)
- Pius XI, Ingravescentibus Malis (On The Rosary) (encyclical, 1937)
- Pius XII, Ingruentium Malorum (On Reciting The Rosary) (encyclical, 1951)
- Pope St. John XXIII, Grata Recordatio (On The Rosary) (encyclical, 1959)
- Pope St. Paul VI, Christi Matri (On Prayers To Mary For Peace) (encyclical, 1966)
- Pope St. Paul VI, Marialis Cultus (On Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary) (apostolic exhortation, 1974)
- Pope St. John Paul II, Redemptoris Mater (Mother Of The Redeemer) (encyclical, 1987)
- Pope St. John Paul II, Rosarium Virginis Mariae (On the Most Holy Rosary) (apostolic letter, 2002)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!