Australian Anglicans plan Catholic ordinariate
Catholic World News - February 14, 2011
Australian Anglicans planning to enter a Catholic ordinariate there discussed the practical arrangements for the move at a conference last week.
Bishop Peter Elliott, an auxiliary of the Melbourne archdiocese, said that those interested in entering the Catholic Church should make a written application. The process will entail providing evidence of Baptism, making a Confession and a statement of faith, and Confirmation.
Bishop Elliott stressed that the ordinariate should not be seen as a one-time effort to accommodate a certain group of Anglicans, but as a path that would remain open to others. “We can’t let the ordinariate be a Jurassic Park,” he said. “We must keep the doors open.”
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our August expenses ($20,988 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!