Week of Prayer for Christian Unity opens
Catholic World News - January 18, 2011
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity began on Tuesday, January 18, with the focus on the Christian communities of Jerusalem.
Materials for this year’s observance—jointly produced by the Pontifical Council for Christian Unity and the World Council of Churches—provide a theme for each day of the week:
- January 19: Many Members in One Body
- January 20: Devotion to the Apostles' Teaching Unites Us
- January 21: Sharing, an Expression of Our Unity
- January 22: Breaking the Bread in Hope
- January 23: Empowered to Action in Prayer
- January 24: Living in Resurrection Faith
- January 25: Called for the Service of Reconciliation
Pope Benedict XVI will preside at an ecumenical Vespers service at the Roman basilica of St. Paul-Outside-the-Walls on Tuesday evening, January 25, to conclude the week’s observances.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Our Fall Campaign
Progress toward our year-end goal ($125,213 to go):