Pro-life awards to 6 activists
Catholic World News - November 15, 2010
The Gerard Health Foundation has announced $600,000 in prizes to be distributed among the six recipients of this year’s Life Prizes, which recognize outstanding contributions to the pro-life cause. This year’s awards go to:
- Jeanne Head, the UN representative of the National Right to Life Educational Trust;
- the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network, established to fight for the right to life of disabled and incapacitated persons;
- Douglas Johnson, the longtime legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee;
- Kristan Hawkins, the executive director of Students for Life of America;
- Rev. Alveda King, the pro-life speaker and niece of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.; and
- Marie Smith, the director of the Parliamentary Network for Critical Issues, a non-partisan global outreach of Gospel of Life Ministries.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our July expenses ($15,502 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!