Dominican sisters to purchase John Paul II Cultural Center
October 27, 2010
One of the nation’s most thriving religious communities has signed an agreement to purchase the Pope John Paul II Cultural Center in Washington. The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, may use the center to house novices who are studying at the nearby Catholic University of America.
The Archdiocese of Detroit faced criticism in 2006 when it was revealed that it had committed $40 million to the center, which houses exhibits and hosts the Intercultural Forum for Studies in Faith and Culture.
- Michigan Dominican sisters to buy John Paul II Cultural Center in DC (Washington Post)
- Finally: JP Center Sells... To the Sisters (Whispers in the Loggia)
- Higher Finance (Off the Record, 2/6/06)
- Pope John Paul II Cultural Center
- Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist