Seven beatifications scheduled for April- June
April 14, 2010
The Vatican has announced plans for the beatification of 7 people in the next several weeks. With the formal approval of Pope Benedict XVI, ceremonies were announced for:
- Bernardo Francisco de Hoyos, a Spanish Jesuit, on April 18 in Valladolid;
- Angelo Paoli, an Italian Carmelite priest, on April 25 in Rome;
- José Tous y Soler, a Spanish Capuchin priest, on April 25 in Barcelona;
- Teresa Manganiello, an Italian Franciscan tertiary, on May 22 in Benevento;
- Maria Pierina De Micheli, an Argentine religious, on May 30 in Rome;
- Jerzy Popieluszko, a Polish priest and martyred chaplain to the Solidarity movement, on June 6 in Warsaw; and
- Manuel Lozano Garrido, a Spanish layman, on June 12 in Linares.
In all cases, the Congregation for the Causes of Saints had already issued a decree testifying to a miracle through the candidate's intercession, or recognizing the candidate as a martyr.