8 persons named to pontifical healthcare commission
February 01, 2016
Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Vatican’s Secretary of State, has appointed the president and seven members of the recently created Pontifical Commission for the Activities of Public Juridical Persons of the Church in the Healthcare Sector.
Stating the commission will focus initially on the “Italian situation,” the Holy See Press Office said on January 30 that Msgr. Luigi Mistò, the secretary of the administrative section of the Secretariat for the Economy, will serve as the body’s president.
The members of the commission, appointed for three-year terms, are
- Father Carmine Arice, an official of the Italian Episcopal Conference
- Carlo Cardia, an Italian canon law professor
- Mariella Enoc of Bambino Gesù Hospital
- Vladi Lumina, “an expert in the patrimonial sector”
- Msgr. Jean-Marie Mate Musivi Mupendawatu, secretary of the Pontifical Council for Pastoral Assistance to Health Care Workers
- Enrico Zampedri, director of the Agostino Gemelli University Polyclinic
- Sister Annunziata Remossi, an official of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life
Sister Remossi will serve as the commission’s secretary.
- Comunicato della Sala Stampa della Santa Sede: Designazione dei componenti della “Pontificia Commissione per le attività del settore sanitario delle persone giuridiche pubbliche della Chiesa”, 30.01.2016 (Holy See Press Office)
- Vatican announces creation of pontifical healthcare commission (CWN, 12/14)
- Vatican replaces board of hospital foundation following charges of improper spending (CWN, 11/4)