St. Paul archdiocese rejects claims that accused clergy were not listed
Catholic World News - February 21, 2014
The Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis has disputed a report by Minnesota Public Radio (MPR), which had claimed that the archdiocese failed to disclose the names of all priests accused of sexual abuse.
In a strongly worded statement the archdiocese said that the MPR report, which said that 28 accused priests had not been listed in a public disclosure, failed to distinguish between credible reports and unsubstantiated claims. In the cases of those 28 priests, the archdiocese said, there has been no clear evidence that abuse took place; in 16 of the 28 cases, in fact, the charges were found to be “false, meritless, or unsubstantiated.” The archdiocese said that MPR engaged in “irresponsible” reporting by insinuating that the priests had been credibly accused.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Our Fall Campaign
Progress toward our year-end goal ($125,489 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
Posted by: jg23753479 -
Feb. 25, 2014 7:12 AM ET USA
Today there is a report in the Minneapolis newspaper about how the chancery declared one homosexual abuser to be "disabled", thus allowing him to collect benefits! Church officials who did this are beneath contempt. Their theme song should be the old rock and roll classic "The Limbo Song" with its line, "...how low can you go?"