Papal nuncio in Dominican Republic removed after abuse charges
CWN - September 04, 2013
Archbishop Josef Wesolowski, the apostolic nuncio in the Dominican Republic, has been removed from that post and called back to Rome after reports that he had been guilty of sexual abuse of young people.
A prosecutor in the Dominican Republic said that no criminal complaints have been filed, but acknowledged that Archbishop Wesolowski is under investigation and could face charges.
In Rome, the director of the Vatican press office disclosed that the archbishop has been “relieved of his duties.” Father Federico Lombardi said that the Vatican is now investigating his case, although he declined to speak about the topic of the investigation.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach five million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Our Fall Campaign
Progress toward our final 2013 goal ($15,801 to go, assuming receipt of matching funds):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!