US dioceses prepare for 2nd Fortnight for Freedom
June 17, 2013
From June 21 to July 4, the Church in the United States will commemorate its second annual Fortnight for Freedom to raise awareness about threats to religious liberty.
Archbishop William Lori of Baltimore, chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Ad Hoc Committee for Religious Liberty, will officially open the fortnight at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Baltimore.
Among the events planned early in the fortnight:
- on June 20, Coadjutor Bishop Cinlo Flores of San Diego will take part in an ecumenical prayer service for the intentions of religious liberty, the defense of marriage, and respect for human life.
- on June 22, Archbishop Samuel Aquila of Denver will speak at a “Prayer in the Square” rally at the Colorado state capitol
- also on June 22, Bishop Robert Guglielmone of Charleston will lead a Eucharistic procession from a Columbia, South Carolina parish to the state house, with Benediction at the state house steps
- 2013 Fortnight for Freedom: June 21 to July 4 (USCCB)
- The 2013 ‘Fortnight for Freedom’ (National Catholic Register)
Posted by: [email protected] -
Jun. 17, 2013 8:55 PM ET USA
Sounds like the USCCB is using the same consultants that Romney used.