Pope's liturgical schedule for May-June-July
Catholic World News - May 17, 2013
The Vatican has released the public schedule of liturgical ceremonies at which Pope Francis will preside during the months of May, June, and July 2013. During the remaining days of May, the Pope will:
- lead the Italian bishops in a profession of faith on Thursday, May 23;
- visit the Roman parish of Sts. Elizabeth and Zechariah on Trinity Sunday, May 26;
- celebrate Mass in the piazza outside the basilica of St. John Lateran, then lead the Eucharist procession to the basilica of St. Mary Major for Benediction, on the feast of Corpus Christi: Thursday, May 30; and
- close the month of May by praying the Rosary with pilgrims in St. Peter’s Square on Friday evening, May 31.
- lead a worldwide session of Eucharist adoration from the Vatican basilica on Sunday, June 2;
- celebrate Mass for Evangelium Vitae Day in St. Peter’s Square on Sunday, June 16; and
- impose the pallium on new metropolitan archbishops during a Mass in the papal chapel for the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul on June 29.
- celebrate Mass for seminarians and religious novices in the Vatican basilica on Sunday, July 7; and
- travel to Brazil for the 28th celebration of World Youth Day from July 22 to 29.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach five million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our April expenses ($18,914 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!