Announcement imminent about suspended Philadelphia priests?
CWN - May 02, 2012
A local television station has reported that the Philadelphia archdiocese will soon reveal the fate of 27 priests who were suspended from ministry last year after a grand jury report criticized the handling of sex-abuse complaints by archdiocesan officials.
Eyewitness News reported that Archbishop Charles Chaput would make an announcement about the suspended priests within days. That announcement might come at a meeting that the archbishop has called for all Philadelphia priests on Wednesday afternoon, May 2.
The Philadelphia archdiocese had said earlier this year that the disposition of the suspended priests’ cases had been delayed by “stubborn legal and practical factors.” In March, the archdiocese said that the priests’ cases should be resolved “over the next eight weeks.”
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach five million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our March expenses ($26,810 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!