Media debate on beatification of John Paul II
April 27, 2011
American media outlets have picked up the debate on the beatification of Pope John Paul II, highlighting the complaints of both dissident liberals (Thomas Groome, James Carroll) and conservatives (The Remnant), but emphasizing especially the sex-abuse scandal. For another perspective, see Phil Lawler's On the News comment.
- US Catholics celebrate, debate John Paul II legacy (AP)
- Pope John Paul II - a halo too soon? (Reuters)
- John Paul's Rise Toward Sainthood: Going Too Fast? (NPR)
- Abuse crisis fuels debate over John Paul II’s legacy (CNN)
- Why is John Paul II on trial in the media today? (On the News)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!