Website Review: FindingGod
A review based on: http://www.findinggod.org
This website is Loyola Press’s venue for their catechetical series, “Finding God: Our Response to God’s Gifts.” The program is described as “a new parish and school faith formation program for children in grades 1-8 and the significant adults in their lives.” Loyola Press further states, ”We are committed to service by publishing resources that support children's faith formation, language arts education, whole community catechesis, and the ongoing spiritual growth of adults through books and resources on a wide variety of topics including prayer, Catholic life, history, and Ignatian spirituality.”
This glitzy website does have some worthwhile resources, but you have to know your faith to take advantage of them because much of what is here is tainted. For example, in the DRE section can be found resources such as Monica Hellwig’s interpretation of St. Ignatius of Loyola’s spirituality. This certainly leads us to question how good the catechetical series could actually be.
Learn more about what catechesis should be from Catholics United for the Faith:
Learn more about Whole Community Catechesis.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 07/18/2007; Last Updated: 05/21/2014
- Fidelity: Danger!
- Resources: Fair
- Useability: Excellent
- Section for DRE's which includes some Liturgical Year activities, traditional Catholic prayers, information on the Sacraments and Liturgy Resources
- A good section on the Saints taken from Saints and Feast Days: A Resource and Activity Book Resources
- Fidelity: Questionable links Example(s)
- Fidelity: Podcast by Jim Martin, S.J. Example(s)
- Fidelity: Recommends Echoes of Faith published by RCL as a resource
- Fidelity: Questionable writers part of the authorship team Example(s)
- Fidelity: Deformation of Ignatian Spirituality Example(s)
CategoriesIssues > Controversies
Catholicism > Catechetics
3441 North Ashland Avenue
Chicago, IL 60657
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.