Website Review: Jesuits Site on which this review was based: http://www.jesuit.org
The Society of Jesus was founded in 1540 by St. Ignatius Loyola. Today there are over 20,000 Jesuits serving the Church in 112 nations on six continents. This official website of the Society of Jesus in the United States provides information on the Jesuit Conference, Province Offices, vocations, and Jesuit ministries and publications. Of special note is an excellent PDF file of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius.
Unfortunately, because of this Order's pervasive tendency towards liberation theology and religious indifferentism, many of the resources on the site are questionable at best.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 02/29/2000; Last Updated: 02/08/2014
- Fidelity: Caution
- Resources: Fair
- Useability: Excellent
- Online version of the Spiritual Exercises by St. Ignatius of Loyola Resources
- Life of St. Ignatius and history of the Jesuits Resources
- Pro-Life Statement, Standing for the Unborn Resources
- Art Section Resources Example(s)
- Science and Technologists Section Resources Example(s)
- Fidelity: Tendency toward liberation theology Example(s)
- Fidelity: Document critical of Church's forthright condemnation of use of condoms to fight aids Example(s)
- Fidelity: An article entitled Find God in All Things speaks favorably of Teilhard de Chardin Example(s)
- Fidelity: Link to America magazine
CategoriesInstitutions > Religious Communities
Society of Jesus in the United States
1616 P St. NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.