Catholic Recipe: Salata de Cartofi (Greek Potato and Olive Salad)
- 1 lb cold boiled potatoes
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 small washed lettuce, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. castor (table) sugar
- 3 tsp. vinegar
- olive oil
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: • • • •
Food Categories (2)show
Often Made With (1)show
This salad goes particularly well with lamb, which is a traditional dish in many places at Easter. It could be served with the Greek Easter Lamb dish, leaving out the sliced potatoes.
1. Slice the potatoes. Chop the onions and cut the eggs into wedges. Mix together with the olives and lettuce.
2. Mix the water, sugar and vinegar together and toss the salad in it.
3. Sprinkle liberally with olive oil.Recipe Source: Feasting for Festivals by Jan Wilson, Lion Publishing Corporation, Batavia, Illinois, 1990Subscribe to InsightsStay on top of the latest Catholic news and analysis from CatholicCulture.org.Store: We receive 5% of most Amazon purchases.
The Little Oratory: A Beginner's Guide to Praying in the Home (Clayton and Lawler)Copyright © 2017 Trinity Communications. All rights reserved.