Catholic Recipe: Salata de Cartofi (Greek Potato and Olive Salad)
- 1 lb cold boiled potatoes
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 small washed lettuce, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. castor (table) sugar
- 3 tsp. vinegar
- olive oil
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty: • • • •
- Cost: $$$$
- For Ages: 11+
- Origin: Romania
This salad goes particularly well with lamb, which is a traditional dish in many places at Easter. It could be served with the Greek Easter Lamb dish, leaving out the sliced potatoes.
1. Slice the potatoes. Chop the onions and cut the eggs into wedges. Mix together with the olives and lettuce.
2. Mix the water, sugar and vinegar together and toss the salad in it.
3. Sprinkle liberally with olive oil.Recipe Source: Feasting for Festivals by Jan Wilson, Lion Publishing Corporation, Batavia, Illinois, 1990
Recent Catholic CommentaryCloistered: The Inside Story 10 hours agoIdle questions for Monday musings 13 hours agoWhat's left for the Legionaries? March 7
Top Catholic NewsMost Important Stories of the Last 30 DaysPope establishes new Vatican secretariat for economic affairs CWN - February 24Pope Francis writes letter to families CWN - February 25Copyright © 2014 Trinity Communications. All rights reserved.