Catholic Activity: Make Your Own Chef's Hat
This is a fun craft for kids, who will love to see Mom wearing this hat as she whips up a meal.
1. Measure round the chef's head, and cut a piece of paper the same length plus 1 in. (2 cm), and 3 in. (8 cm) deep.
2. Cut a piece of crepe paper twice as long as the plain piece and 12 in. (30 cm) deep.
3. Fold over the crepe paper 2 in. (5 cm) along one edge.
4. Gather the crepe paper to fit the paper band and stick it on with sticky tape.
5. Form the whole thing into a tube and stick.
6. Fold the crepe paper inwards at the top.
Activity Source: Feasting for Festivals by Jan Wilson, Lion Publishing Corporation, Batavia, Illinois, 1990