Catholic Activity: Practical Suggestions for Christian Living (Confirmation)
Ways to live out the gift of fortitude in your life, bestowed upon you by the Holy Spirit at your Confirmation.
- Speak out against evil wherever you find it.
- Take the job in which you can do the most good for the spiritual welfare of others.
- Be cheerful at your work; practice the apostolate of smiling; it will cost an effort at times.
- Have a loving solicitude for all with whom you come in contact, especially for those who are friendless.
- Fight down your own evil passions daily with renewed energy.
- Be ready to defend your Faith in word, deed, and association.
- Bring happiness where there is strife.
- Live your Faith; join organizations that promote Catholic Action.
- Advise others what to do in a spiritual difficulty; make sure the advice is correct.
- Stay informed on Catholic news; it will help when explaining the Faith to those outside of the Church.
- Forsake the job rather than Christian principles.
Activity Source: Our Christian Home by Rev. Joseph A. Fischer, Seraphic Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1954
Recent Catholic Commentary
The Mystery of Music, Part II 3 hours ago
Our Spiritual Destiny and the Horror of War September 19
The Islamic roots of terrorism must be addressed September 19
Each of us is destined to marry Jesus Christ September 18
From simple husband to ascetical priest September 18
Top Catholic News
Most Important Stories of the Last 30 Days