Catholic Activity: Practical Suggestions for Christian Living (Confirmation)
Ways to live out the gift of fortitude in your life, bestowed upon you by the Holy Spirit at your Confirmation.
- Speak out against evil wherever you find it.
- Take the job in which you can do the most good for the spiritual welfare of others.
- Be cheerful at your work; practice the apostolate of smiling; it will cost an effort at times.
- Have a loving solicitude for all with whom you come in contact, especially for those who are friendless.
- Fight down your own evil passions daily with renewed energy.
- Be ready to defend your Faith in word, deed, and association.
- Bring happiness where there is strife.
- Live your Faith; join organizations that promote Catholic Action.
- Advise others what to do in a spiritual difficulty; make sure the advice is correct.
- Stay informed on Catholic news; it will help when explaining the Faith to those outside of the Church.
- Forsake the job rather than Christian principles.
Activity Source: Our Christian Home by Rev. Joseph A. Fischer, Seraphic Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1954
Recent Catholic Commentary
While praising the Pope, Time ignores his advice 1 hours ago
More Legal Challenges ahead for the Church? 17 hours ago
Book chapter 4: A Heritage Stolen December 10
Top Catholic News
Most Important Stories of the Last 30 Days
Pope Francis gives us a blueprint for his pontificate [News analysis] CWN - November 26
US bishops pledge to resist ‘heavy burden’ of HHS mandate CWN - November 14
Concluding Year of Faith, Pope hails Christ the King CWN - November 25
Pope Francis issues major document on evangelization (link to full text) CWN - November 26