Catholic Activity: Practical Suggestions for Christian Living (Confirmation)
Ways to live out the gift of fortitude in your life, bestowed upon you by the Holy Spirit at your Confirmation.
- Speak out against evil wherever you find it.
- Take the job in which you can do the most good for the spiritual welfare of others.
- Be cheerful at your work; practice the apostolate of smiling; it will cost an effort at times.
- Have a loving solicitude for all with whom you come in contact, especially for those who are friendless.
- Fight down your own evil passions daily with renewed energy.
- Be ready to defend your Faith in word, deed, and association.
- Bring happiness where there is strife.
- Live your Faith; join organizations that promote Catholic Action.
- Advise others what to do in a spiritual difficulty; make sure the advice is correct.
- Stay informed on Catholic news; it will help when explaining the Faith to those outside of the Church.
- Forsake the job rather than Christian principles.
Activity Source: Our Christian Home by Rev. Joseph A. Fischer, Seraphic Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1954
Recent Catholic Commentary
Social Media’s Vanity Fair: Danger on every side! 17 hours ago
The Ways of Evangelization March 3
Two links - moral relativism in elementary schools and charges of "genocide" in the Old Testament March 3
Top Catholic News
Most Important Stories of the Last 30 Days
Pope Francis to address Congress in joint session in September CWN - February 5