Catholic Activity: Easter Eggs! song
Text and melody from the traditional Easter Song, "Dalalin Dalalin, po Yaichenki," in Rimsky-Korsakov's Russian National Songs, 1875. Translation, Oxford Book of Carols, by permission of Oxford University Press.
1. Easter eggs! Easter eggs! Give to him that begs!
Refrain: For Christ the Lord is arisen, is arisen.
2. To the poor, open door, Something give from your store! — Refrain.
3. Those who hoard, can't afford, Moth and rust their reward! — Refrain.
4. Those who love freely give, Long and well may they live! — Refrain.
5. Eastertide, like a bride, Comes, and won't be denied. — Refrain.
Activity Source: Around the Year with the Trapp Family by Maria Augusta Trapp, Pantheon Books Inc., New York, New York, 1955