Catholic Activity: Album or Flip Easel for the Mysteries of the Rosary and the Stations of the Cross
A flip easel containing pictures for each mystery of the rosary and Station of the Cross. This provides visual aids during the family prayers. At each mystery or Station, flip to the next picture.
This is to create a presentation flip chart on an easel-type stand that contains a picture of each mystery of the Rosary (and/or Station of the Cross). During the family rosary this gives a visual aid for children and adults alike. At the beginning of each mystery or station, turn to the next picture. For more than one child, have each one take turns. My version fits 8" x 10" pictures, and is small enough to stand on the table or family altar in the family's prayer corner.
Have a clear plastic page for each mystery of the rosary and/or station. For the mysteries you will need 20 clear pages. If your easel/binder allows both sides to be displayed, then you can do one rosary mystery on one side and a station of the cross on the other.
Insert pictures of each rosary mystery and/or station into the clear view page. Set up the easel so it is in clear view of all the family members during the family prayers. Have the children "take turns" flipping to the next picture.
[b]Optional:[/b] print or type out each name of the mystery and station and place in the corresponding page on the picture until the children know the names of each mystery and/or station.
Below are some suggestions for sources. In no way are we endorsing the products or companies. These are just visual examples so you can create your own Rosary and Stations easel.
- Rosary Posters
- Stations of the Cross Prints
These are also available from Catholic Heritage Curricula. [These are the pictures I use. JGM]
- Printable Pictures
- .pdf file of Stations to color
- .pdf file of the Mysteries of the Rosary
- Various versions of Stations to print out
Binder or Easel:
- HFP Easel Binders Vertical Size.
- Itoya Easel Does-It Art Profolio .
- Cardinal Flip Chart Vertical Easel
- 3 ring binder that can stand up, with plastic pages for each picture.
Mysteries of the Rosary
- Joyful Mysteries
- Presentation of Jesus
- Finding of Jesus in the Temple
- Sorrowful Mysteries
- Agony in the Garden
- Scourging at the Pillar
- Carrying of the Cross
- Luminous Mysteries
- Baptism of Our Lord
- Wedding Feast at Cana
- Proclamation of the Kingdom of God
- Institution of the Eucharist
- Glorious Mysteries
- Descent of the Holy Spirit
Stations of the Cross
- Jesus is Condemned to Death
- Jesus is Made to Bear His Cross
- Jesus Falls the First Time
- Jesus Meets His Afflicted Mother
- Simon the Cyrenian Helps Jesus to Carry His Cross
- Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- Jesus Falls the Second Time
- Jesus Meets the Women of Jerusalem
- Jesus Falls the Third Time
- Jesus is Stripped of His Garments
- Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- Jesus Dies on the Cross
- Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- Jesus is Placed in the Sepulchre
Activity Source: Original Text (JGM) by Jennifer Gregory Miller, © Copyright 2003-2012 by Jennifer Gregory Miller