The promises made by Christ to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, a Visitation nun, in the convent chapel at Paray-le-Monial, France, between 1673 and 1675. They occurred during revelations hse received on devotion to the Heart of Jesus, and have been encouraged by the Chruch as worthy of pious belief. They have been translated into more than two hundred languages. Although the total number is larger, the following are the msot important promises made by Chrsit to those who are devoted to the Sacred Heart:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their homes.
3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life and above all in death.
5. I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall grow fervent.
8. Fervetn souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9. I wll bless every place where a picture of my heart shall be set up and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written inmy Heart never to be blotted out.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the first Friday in nine consecutive months the graceof final penitence; they shall not die in my disgrace without receiving their sacraments; my divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.