Red, with bands of red woolen material. On one half is a picture of the crucified Savior, with the implements of the Passion and the words, "Holy Passion of Jesus Christ, Save Us." Owes its origin to a vision granted to a Sister of Charity in 1846. Promoted by the Priests of the Mission. Approved by Pope Pius IX. Another scapular of the Passion is black, and is the badge of a confraternity associated with the Passionists. It bears on the front the words, "May the Passion of Jesus Christ be always in our hearts."