Around the blogs today
By Domenico Bettinelli, Jr. (articles ) | August 06, 2003 3:17 PM
Here's what's new and interesting on Catholic blogs today:
- Amy Welborn's blog has a new name and a new location: Open Book.
- Lane Core offers some suggested reading for Episcopalians troubled by the recent developments in their church.
- Tom Fitzpatrick notices that Michael Rose has written an article about a British priest who acts as a lackey for Fidel Castro.
- The Mighty Barrister says that it's time to stop giving money to the United Way as that organization continues to put the squeeze on the Boy Scouts for not accepting homosexual leaders.
- Eve Tushnet has several good posts on same-sex marriage. Start here and read up. For instance, "In pushing for an ad hoc, 'do it yourself,' atomistic-adults-making-contracts view of marriage, gay activists are just picking up a thread of argument and policy that was initially begun by and for heterosexual couples."
- "Athanasius" points out columnist Ellen Goodman's latest anti-Catholic diatribe, but finds one disturbingly true point that she makes. What do we do about it?
- "Kairos Guy" finds that the Gene Robinson is qualified to be an Episcopal bishop because of his homosexuality. At least that's what you'd think from what his supporters are saying.
- The Cranky Professor asserts that the election of a gay bishop for the Episcopal church has no real impact or import for the Catholic Church.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach five million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Our Fall Campaign
Progress toward our final 2013 goal ($17,486 to go, assuming receipt of matching funds):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
Posted by: -
Aug. 07, 2003 11:26 PM ET USA
It has seemed to me that the "liberal Catholics" have for many decades been trying to copy the "liberal" Episcopalians in every way possible. I have seen nothing to convince me that the aping has stopped. I wonder which homopriest will be their candidate for bishop? Maybe there already is one !!! Hmmmmmmmm.