By Diogenes (articles ) | March 11, 2010 6:16 PM
A pro-life activist is dead. The man who shot him says that he wanted to kill the man because of his pro-life signs. But thanks to the First Amendment-- not the "emanations from the penumbra" but the words of the amendment itself-- it's legal to hold up signs even when some people dislike those signs.
So I'm sure that within a matter of hours liberal politicians will:
- Denounce the murder of James Pouillon as a hate crime.
- Call for heavier penalties on criminals who assault pro-lifers.
- Insist that abortion advocates tone down their rhetoric to avoid inflaming passions against pro-lifers.
- Suggest sensitivity training in public schools to help children understand pro-life activists.
- Introduce protective legislation establishing a 25-foot "bubble zone" around pro-life activists to protect them from aggressive rivals.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach five million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our Spring 2013 goal ($25,129 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
Posted by: j.jensen5893 -
Mar. 11, 2010 8:07 PM ET USA
And you forgot to add: - alert all citizens to be cautious near farms, in case of low-flying squadrons of pigs.
Posted by: Gil125 -
Mar. 11, 2010 7:15 PM ET USA
You think all those things will happen, huh? Like to put your money where your mouth is? (Obviously, I understand. And it's a good way to make the point.)