See no evil
By Diogenes (articles ) | Jul 13, 2004
Thanks to the Dallas Morning News, we now have this information about another acknowledged child molester.
- He was serving in the Los Angeles archdiocese, and his name showed up on archdiocesan records. But the archdiocese didn't know he was there.
- His Franciscan superiors-- to whom, presumably, he vowed obedience-- can't ask him to do anything he doesn't want to do.
- The Franciscans told the LA archdiocese where he is. But the archdiocese doesn't know anything about him.
- The Franciscans say police in Canada aren't interested in pursuing criminal charges against the friar. Police in Canada say they are interested in pursuing criminal charges.
But we do know this much:
- Oh, yes, and:
- The sex-abuse scandal is "history." Bishop Gregory said so.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Progress toward our August expenses ($20,988 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
Posted by: -
Jul. 13, 2004 1:08 PM ET USA
I thought the Canadians passed legislation that made accusing someone of child molestation a "hate crime." Am I mistaken? Is some unfortunate Canuck in jail today watching gay sensitivity films because he accused a priest of doing something that is protected behavior? Can't be true ... but maybe next year???