Resolutions of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy
The thirtieth annual meeting of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy took place in Washington, DC from July 10th through July 14th. In addition to celebrating Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception and hearing inspiring addresses by U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, Dr. Helen Alvare, Christopher West, Beth Racine and the Most Rev. Kevin Rhoades of Harrisburg, the convocation passed six resolutions by which the CCC:
1. Requests a complete restoration of sacred language and precise translations in the Liturgy, with particular attention to “sacrosanct vocabulary” which clearly transmits the traditional Catholic faith.
2. Offers a vote of appreciation for Benedict XVI’s vigorous reaffirmation during his recent visit to Spain of sacramental marriage and the sanctity of family life as the cornerstone of both society and religion.
3. Urges deacons, priests and bishops to encourage their people to fully support those in public office who work to end abortion, euthanasia and embryonic stem cell research and work to uphold marriage as a faithful and fruitful union between a man and a woman.
4. Urges all clergy to use their preaching and teaching opportunities to educate parents about the devastating threats to children on the internet and through cell phone technology, including the evils of pornography, violence, the occult and sexual abuse.
5. Expresses deep concern about the long term physical, psychological and spiritual harm done to women by abortion, especially due to misrepresentation and dishonesty about its consequences and effects.
6. Confirms the renewal of the Confraternity’s filial devotion to and love of the Blessed Mother, Queen of the Clergy, to whom its members consecrate their ordained ministry.
To support or join the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy, visit www.catholic-clergy.org.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Our Spring Challenge Grant
Progress toward our Spring Challenge Grant goal ($23,825 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!